I’m a little late on the obligatory New Year’s resolution post, but so I’m switching it up a little bit. Instead of telling you that I’m going to work out more (ha!) or eat less sweets (double ha!), I’m sharing my 2013 style resolutions — a list of goals that are just as ambitious, but way more achievable.
1. Experiment. Sometimes I spend my morning staring blankly into my closet, feeling like I have nothing to wear. Other times, I feel the need to frequently go shopping to keep my closet feeling fresh. Both are simply not true. I’m making it a priority to spend less money on shopping and more time experimenting with what I already have in my wardrobe. The possibilities are endless!
2. Edit. Before I moved to NYC, I purged a lot of clothes that I never wore — and I still came here with too much stuff. Having limited space is a great lesson in narrowing down my wardrobe and every now and then, I continue to reevaluate the pieces in my closet. My goal is to let go of unnecessary things in my life and eventually edit down my wardrobe to the pieces that truly inspire me.
3. Create. I have enough pins on my Pinterest boards to cover my entire apartment walls. It’s time to get cracking — more DIYs, creative nail designs, and new outfit ideas.
4. Sparkle. A few days ago, I debated between buying a black or gold sequin skirt or any at all. Did I really need this in my wardrobe? Was it even practical? (See resolution #2). As I stood in front of a mirror, holding both options in front of me, a lady walked by and told me that life was too short not to wear sequins. I’ve never heard wiser words! You better believe I ended up buying both skirts, because I don’t need a reason to sparkle!
5. Inspire. I first started this blog as a personal creative outlet, but it’s become much more than that since then. It’s been a constant source of motivation for me and I hope a source of inspiration for you. I want to hear more from you about what you like, what you don’t like and what you want to see in posts to come. So please always feel free to leave a comment, write on my Facebook wall, send me a Tweet, or shoot me an email. I’m here to inspire and be inspired!
So what’re your style resolutions for 2013? More color? More prints? Less shopping? Let me know in the comments below!