As an Arizona girl living in NYC, fall is a bit of a strange season to me. I’m used to the weather going from scorching to freezing in a matter of two weeks, which is why I’m completely unprepared for an entire season dedicated to transition. I’m on the hunt for a new jacket to keep cozy while the temps slowly drop and the moto jacket is on the top of my list. Check out a few of my favorite options and let me know which ones you’d rock!
1. Express (Minus the) Leather and Moleskin Moto Jacket
2. BB Dakota Johs Faux Brown Leather Moto Jacket
3. Forever 21 Street-Chic Moto Jacket
4. Gap Cropped Plaid Moto Jacket
5. Loft Boiled Merino Wool Moto Jacket
6. Tinley Road Contrast Vegan Leather Moto
Last weekend, I stored away most of my bright summer pieces while pondering how I could continue to incorporate my favorite prints through the rest of the year. While my fall outfits will likely involve faux leather or leopard, floral prints will still stake a claim in this season’s wardrobe. The difference: I’m reaching for moodier florals in darker colors and edgier details. Check out a few of my favorite fall florals and let me know what you think of these transitional pieces.
1. TopShop Dark Flower Mini Dress
2. Hobo Zara Vintage Clutch
3. Juicy Couture Metallic Floral Blazer
4. J.Crew Etta Stud Heel Pump
5. Collective Concepts Floral Baseball Top
6. Kate Spade Flutter Floral iPhone 5 Case
This past Saturday, James, Tracy and I took a road trip to the Hamptons. Considering that it was the first time that any of us had ever been, I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect start to the weekend. We started with lunch in Southampton, followed by a little shopping on Main Street.
And even though our visit was brief, I couldn’t help but be overwhelmed with a kind of joy that is sometimes lacking when I’m in the city. Outside of Manhattan, time moves a little bit slower and live feels a little bit more relaxed. I completely understand the draw of the Hamptons and definitely plan on being back next season!
Tune in later this week for the next leg in our weekend adventure. Hint: it’s even more peaceful than the Hamptons!
Top: Line and Dot (c/o)
Shoes: Dolce Vita (on sale!)
Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest / Bloglovin’
Sam Edelman Sutton Wedges — $87.99 (on sale!)
Whenever I go shopping, I make it a rule to only buy pieces that I can imagine myself wearing in at least two or three different outfits — a standard that helps me to prevent impulse purchases and saves me from buyer’s remorse later down the road.
Well, when I saw these these Sam Edelman wedges on sale, I immediately conjured up two different outfits: the first look still very much in a bright, summer mindset and the second being slightly toned down for fall. I love the looks equally and have pretty much convinced myself that these wedges pass the test! Leopard, after all, is a neutral. Which look is your favorite?
1. Forever 21 Twist Cutout Cuff — $8.80
2. Gap Colorblock Leather Envelope Clutch — $35.95 (on sale!)
3. Urban Outfitters Silky Scallop Hem Dress — $59
4. BaubleBar Ivory Sunburst Bib Necklace — $36
5. Tinley Road Striped Ponte Fit and Flare Dress — $69
6. C. Wonder Pyramid Stud Cuff — $58
7. Banana Republic Flavia Foldover Clutch — $79.50
8. J.Crew Crystal Color Stone Earrings — $75
I know I’ve been overdosing on bright colors lately, but believe it or not, I’m also loving black and white looks for spring. The contrast makes for a chic ensemble, whether it be in the form of sharp color-blocking or whimsical prints. Check out a few of my favorite B&W pieces!
1. LOFT Dot Print Full Skirt Dress — $69.50
2. Banana Republic Sparkle Stone Necklace — $49.99 (on sale!)
3. ASOS Shift Dress In Triangle Jacquard — $75.30
4. BaubleBar Piano Penta Bracelet — $24
5. Keds for Kate Spade New York Polka Dot Kicks — $75
6. Madewell Frankie Pump in Snake Print — $159.99 (on sale!)
7. Tinley Road Bow Blouse — $39
8. Rebecca Minoff Mini M.A.C. — $150
There’s a new obsession in my life: collar necklaces. If you haven’t notice, they’ve definitely been my go-to accessory lately. I can’t seem to say no this type of necklace, no matter how hard I try to resist. They’re the perfect finishing touch to any outfit! Check out a few of my favorite pieces and let me know what you think about collar necklaces.
1. Hive & Honey Hinged Collar Necklace — $30
2. Topshop Rhinestone Peter Pan Necklace — $50
3. Evans Pearl Peter Pan Collar — $23
4. ASOS Multi Chain Rounded Collar — $20.70
5. Kate Spade Plaza Athenee Collar Necklace — $298